May 29, 2011

Sensei Alan Campbell at JKS Mayo





















Last Sunday we were invited by Sensei Alan Biesty and JKS Mayo to train with visiting Sensei Alan Campbell, in Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo.
Sensei Campball took several classes throughout the weekend but we attended the Sunday sessions. First off was the childrens class, which was both fun filled and educational. Jadzia my nine year old daughters' opinion was that "it was really fun and I learned how to keep my age uke really strong". Since becoming a JKS member, one area where I have been most pleasantly surprised is with the instructors abilities to teach children practical skills within their own bodies, whilst having a fun time and child feels empowered with their new found knowledge. Sensei Alan Campbell was no exception to this.
The seniors class main focus was how to gain speed and kime in a relaxed way. Over the years I have been told that I need to relax more within my karate but with Sensei he gave us exercises and demonstrated methods through which we could achieve this. We used our new found methods to bring into hitting the bag, partner work and Heian Nidan.
Personally I was so engaged in the class that I couldn't believe it was when the time was up that we'd been there for two hours.
Sensei Alan Biesty said that he will definitely be asking Sensei Alan Campbell to come over again. I look for ward to it!